The mission of Division of Health Sciences at IUPUC is to positively influence the health of rural Indiana by educating all students to become learned health professionals who advance the science of healthcare in rural communities and evidence-based practice through translational research and outreach.
IUPUC Division of Health Sciences will help impact rural healthcare through leadership and scholarship, while maximizing the health and quality of life for the people of rural south-central Indiana.
Division of Health Sciences Core Values:
Collaboration, Integrity, Quality, Respect.
Collaboration: Create a vibrant relationship between students, faculty, clinical partners, and other stakeholders to create a community of scholars who work together in knowledge generation and dissemination, thus shaping healthcare practice and policy especially in rural communities.
Integrity: An environment which promotes honesty and trust aspiring the development of rural healthcare professionals who practice morally and ethically.
Quality: Continuous program improvement reflects our commitment for continued growth, measurement, and program outcomes which promote excellence in practice and leadership within a dynamic rural healthcare environment.
Respect: Nourish diversity among faculty, staff, and students within a mutually respectful and professional environment.
吉林快3The graduate shall be:
- A critical thinker who demonstrates intellectual engagement and uses evidence as a basis for clinical reasoning and decision making.
- A culturally sensitive individual who provides holistic, individual, family, community, and population-centered nursing care.
- A knowledgeable care coordinator who facilitates access to resources across the continuum of health care environments in order to meet the evolving health care needs of individuals, families, communities, and populations.
- An individual who understands and considers the impact of health care policy, finance, and regulatory environments on care delivery.
- An individual who embodies the professional identity of the nurse and who translates the inherent values of the nursing profession into the ethical and legal practice of nursing.
- An effective communicator who collaborates with interprofessional team members, patients, and their support systems for improved health outcomes.
- A competent care provider who is prepared to practice to the full capacity of the professional nurse role in diverse health care environments.
- An accountable leader and manager who applies principles of systems and organizational processes and balances resources to promote quality care and patient safety.
- An individual who embraces and employs innovations in information management and technology in the delivery of quality patient care.