吉林快3We encourage student research in support of coursework and in the pursuit of other academic research interests. Consider applying for a research grant through the Office of Student Research (OSR). Both undergraduate and graduate students may apply.
吉林快3If you wish to apply for an OSR grant, you should meet these eligibility criteria:
- You must be a primary investigator and a leading author.
- You must be an IUPUC enrolled undergraduate or graduate student.
- You must be at least half-time during the academic year (six or more credits per fall or spring semesters for undergraduate students, three credits per fall and spring semesters for graduate students).
- You should be in good academic standing.
For complete details, please review these grant guidelines. You may submit proposals as an individual or as a member of a student team. All projects require supervision from faculty mentors. Proposals must be submitted electronically and include:
- Clear statement of purpose, objectives, and plan for completion
- Title and narrative demonstrating student preparation for the completion of the project
- Budget for reasonable expenses
- List of expected outcomes or deliverables
- Plan for public presentation, exhibition, or dissemination
- Letter of support from a faculty member clearly indicating commitment and ability to guide the student, as well as commenting on the student’s ability to complete the project
- Description of the project’s potential impact outside the university
- Contact information (name, address, phone, and e-mail address) for student(s) submitting the proposal
- Review, sign, and submit the application procedures form.
Due Dates & Timeline
For the 2019-20 academic year
- Proposals for fall research projects are due on or before October 3, 2019.
- Proposals for spring research projects are due on or before February 4, 2020.
Requests for proposals will be announced at the start of each fall and spring semester. Proposals must be submitted electronically as PDF files to Julie Goodspeed-Chadwick (email@example.com) before they can be reviewed by the OSR Board, which will convene at least once during the fall and once during the spring semester.
吉林快3Students and faculty mentors who are working on projects that have been funded in either the fall or the spring semester are expected to present the results of their research in a poster session that is part of the annual Student Research Exhibition. This year's exhibition will be held April 14, 2020 from 2:30 to 4 p.m. in Student Commons located in the Columbus Learning Center.
吉林快3Faculty mentors are responsible for ensuring that the student follows the appropriate protocol for his or her research project (e.g., IRB approval).
- The review board will consider all types of projects proposed from across disciplines. Community-based or focused projects that address the needs of the region are encouraged.
- Research funds must be used for costs related to the research project (i.e., materials and services) in accordance with university policies. When appropriate, requests should be made by the faculty mentor on the OSR Purchase Request Form. Completed purchase request forms should be submitted to the OSR director and the director of administrative and fiscal affairs in the Office of Finance and Administration. Unspent funds will be returned.
- Grants are non-renewable; however, students who have won grants in the past may reapply for a grant for a new project.
Faculty mentors of students with funded research projects should e-mail Dr. Julie Goodspeed-Chadwick (firstname.lastname@example.org吉林快3) for the OSR Purchase Request form. This form is needed to purchase supplies, materials, and services for completing the project.
Please download and print these documents: